What We Do
Welcome to the online office of Omar Rieche, MD. Dr. Rieche and his staff offer the most comprehensive psychiatric services for children, adolescents and their families in the area. We will be happy to do everything we can to assist you in resolving problems or concerns about the care of your child.
Evaluation by a child and adolescent psychiatrist is appropriate for any child or adolescent with emotional or behavioral problems. Most children and adolescents with serious emotional and behavioral problems need a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation.
The comprehensive evaluation includes the following:
- Description of present problems and symptoms
- Information about health, illness and treatment (both physical and psychiatric)
- Parent and family histories
- Information about the child's development
- Information about school and friends
- Information about family relationships
- Psychiatric interview of the child or adolescent
- If needed, laboratory studies such as blood tests, x-rays, or special assessments (for example, psychological, educational, speech and language evaluation)
When a treatable problem is identified, recommendations are provided and a specific treatment plan is developed. This plan may include medications, referral for individual, group or family therapy, skills training for the child or adolescent, skills training for parents, coordination with school officials, referral to another physician for medical evaluation, or other interventions which may assist the child or adolescent and the family to resolve current problems.
Our office is located in the Forum building at 1705 Colonial Boulevard, Suite B-1 in Fort Myers. Office hours are from Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Consultations are scheduled by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call us at (239) 278-7788. For your convenience, after hours appointments are available.